Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 21: Long Beach to Mexico, 132 mi

Long Beach is about 130 miles from the border by bike. Long enough
not to take lightly, but short enough for us to believe we can do it
in a day. I must be crazy.

We stripped down our bikes to be as light as possible and left the
house before dawn.

Fueled up and good to go at Starbux. I'm no longer carrying Quaker
Chewy Granola. I've eaten 50+ bars in the first 2 weeks and ODed. I
think Scott is sick of snickers.

I told Scott my biggest worry was we would go out too fast, as Scott
without the BOB is very fast now. Scott promissed we would keep a 15
mph pace...

When we hit the OC, we stumbled upon a Sunday morning group riding the
PCH and thought to grab a draft. This wasn't your Sunday fat man ride.
We were pushing 26 mph on the flats for a good 10 miles. Huntington
beach was upon us before we knew it. So much for 15 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment