Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 17: Big Sur to San Luis Obispo 108 mi

I finally got my appetite back in Pfeiffer State Park.  It was warm even when we pulled in around dusk.  Dinner was mac'n'cheese and Texas Toast and it was delicious.  We didn't require sleeping bags and the mosquitos left us alone for the most part.
I was hoping to take a cold shower, but showers there are only hot and scalding!  The water still felt nice after a long day of riding.

We left in the morning after replacing the BOB trailer tire.  Over 4000 ft of climbing for the day and most of the climbing happens in the first 45 miles before lunch. We stopped for lunch at Ragged Point and it wasn't as amazing as I was hoping, but I was hungry.  We did meet some cyclists getting their gear SAGed on a ride down the coast.  It sounded pretty good.  It had cooled down to the mid to high eighties, and I drank 8 water bottles.


Elevation Profile from Map My Ride




I stayed in Ragged Point for a good hour and fifteen minutes to make sure I had a solid lunch and rehydrate.  Scott who doesn't seem to need to eat or drink had a bowl of chilly and headed off to SLO to draft some of our SAGed friends and make it in time for Pats Birthday.  He was in SLO by 5:30.  I didn't leave until after 2:30 and arrived in SLO at 6:15 and was happy to be there before 7.

Fort and Erica and Scott were waiting for me at the Frog and Peach in down town SLO and had a curry and beer waiting for me!  It was good to see Fort again, he understood how I was feeling.








No comments:

Post a Comment