Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 7: Rain That Stings

My Felt F60 has served me well through multiple triathlons, road
races, and commuting adventures. F60 2002-2010 RIP.

Today I destroyed Mary's Peak a few miles outside of Corvallis. My new
Red Line is so awesome. It's light weight and, combined with the 20
lbs of suplurflous gear I mailed home in Corvallis, I jammed up the
peak.

We said goodbye to Michael at the top and he rode his pixie home.

The sun peaked through the clouds in between showers and I snapped
this photo of Fort in the countryside.

It seems the weather was against us as the only sun was on the flats
and it rained on every downhill. The cold drops stinging our faces.

We found refuge mid morning at Alsea Mercantile where the folks are
friendly and the food was fried! I had chicken strips and potato wedges.

Back on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment