Monday, September 27, 2010

The Heat Wave: Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz, 48 mi

100 degrees in Santa Cruz. 50 mi "rest day." I'm borderline heat
exhaustion. We'll see how I'm doing in the morning. We are going to
try to leave early to avoid the heat. It's not supposed to cool down
until Wednesday. I hope our Big Sir to SLO is not too hot.

Scott seems to be handling the heat no problem. I need to start
downing water bottles.

My friend Ark is joining us for a bit from Santa Cruz. That should
help me get motivated.

We bumped into a friend of Scott's, Drew, who lives in SC. He is in
the local bike club trying to get more mountain biking trails in the
city and finishing up his degree @ Cal Poly.

Congrats to Kevin who apparently won Expert cross country @ Parkfield
after our death march to get to Eureka.

San Fran and Half Moon Bay were great (minus heat exhaustion). More to
come on that. Next post might not be until SLO.

P.S. Scott's phone has been replaced. So give him a call! ;)

~D
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment