Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leaving Home

I knew it would be tough to leave Half Moon Bay after passing through
so close to home. It was made even worse that arriving in HMB I was
completely dehydrated. The sun had come out in full force and I had
all the symptoms of heat exhaustion. I did not drink or eat enough.

I had a fever and chills through the night. The next day I had no
appitite. I was completely exhausted, but my wife told me that I could
make it and I believed her.

She also told me that people were taking bets on if I would finish
past Half Moon Bay.

Scott rode off in the morning to hit the bike shop and get a new
phone. I rolled out solo starting at 2pm when I finally was able to
get the energy to ride on.

"Rest Day 50"; I was close to giving up.

99 bottles of beer is only a 30 minute song.

~D
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment