Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Half Moon Bay with Panniers

Loaded up my rear rack with panniers, Ortleib Sport Packer Plus, this weekend and rode out to Half Moon Bay. See the Coastal Ride - Half Moon Bay post for the map.

Dennis and I were able to pull in a crowd for this ride. Dennis, Lloyd, Jeff, Kris, Craig and I rode out at 8:30 AM and reached the San Benito House (Best Sandwiches!!) by 10:30. We grabbed a quick bite and were rolling again in 20 min. The group split after the incline up 92. By that point I was really feeling the extra weight of my panniers and I couldn't keep up with the aggressive uphill pace being set.

The ride is much faster with the group.

After the long climb, Skyline was packed with cars for miles with what seems to be the Kings Mountain Art Fair.

The Ortleib's held up well and were easy to adjust and mount. The front and rear rack were interesting to mount since my felt road bike doesn't have any eyelets to attach to. I ended up using Band Clamps to secure the Old Man Mountain rack 1/2" in the rear and 1" in the front. I'll try to take a picture of the setup before the trip as I didn't find a good how to online.

I also kluged together a bike camera mount out of an old reflector a 1/4" bolt and a wing nut. I'll put up some information in another post.

Packing up on Friday and head out to Vancouver Saturday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment