Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 9: Coos Bay to Brookings 120 mi

Oregon Sunset, an Epic end to an Epic day.

Kevin tweaking a spoke.

Kevin excited about dinner. Which was awesome Mexican food. The
portions were huge and the water flowed!

My face next to the sunset.

Today was a long 120 mi ride. Longer than I've done before and I'm
pretty sore. We think there was over 4000 ft elevation gain and almost
1000 in the last 30 miles.

No hot tub tonight.

We should be in Cslifornia early tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow is another long push to Eureka. If we make it, then 80 mile
days get us to half moon bay on Sunday night.

80 mile days seem doable. The 100+ days are too long to sustain.

Tomorrow we lose Kevin, as he is heading to Parkfield to race. I have
a feeling it is going to get tougher to keep pace with him gone. I'm
going to miss Scott and Kevin's playful banter.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. 120 mi - Amazing... are your legs like rubber yet? Have a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete