Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fort Takes a Dive

We didn't leave McMinnville OR until 3:30. We had alot of ground to
cover before nightfall and we formed a paceline with Kevin at the
front. He was the only one carrying panniers at this point and still
was pulling us at about 24 mph along the 99. He calls it the pain
train. "You've got'a train, in the rain!"

The rain broke for a few minutes here and there to expose a beautiful
landscape. The iPhone camera doesn't do it justice.

About 35 miles out from Corvallis Fort got too close to Scott's back
wheel (Who's at fault is still contested) while trying to get some
water and lost controll of his bike. He went down pretty hard and I
was lucky enough to stop in time to keep from running him over. My
front tire was touching his knee.

Fort looks up ar me and says, "I think I broke my helmet!" He did.
He'll be getting a knew one tomorrow.

Fort is a trooper and after an initial checkup from our newly
certified PA he was given a clean bill of health (sans the road rash
on his shoulder, knee, and butt) and got back on the bike!

I also included his rookie mark as some how he got them on both sides
of both of his ankles!

No comments:

Post a Comment