Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flat Tires

Today's Stats
- Chased by our first dog
- Fort and I PRed our longest bike ride @ 100 mi
- First Crash
- 4 flat tires
- 1 broken spoke
- 1 cracked frame

I had all 4 of our flat tires. I destroyed the nipple on my presta
valve in the morning pumping it up to 120. Too amped? I got a slow
leak from some welding material stck in the tube which I finally
stopped to fix 30 mi from Corvallis. At that point I was pretty tired
and while putting the patched tube back in, I didn't double check it
was seated propperly and exploded it!

While fixing the flat we noticed a crack in the front tube of my bike
frame about 1/3rd of the way through. So... tomorrow I'll be frame
shopping!

We arrived in Corvallis @ 7:25 and determined it would be best to head
to Michael's house. I had flat #4 3 miles from our destination...

Dinner tonight was 5 min meals and Texas Toast from the local grocery
store! They have never tasted so good. Our hosts made us fruit salad
and I made banana bread muffins for tomorrow.

We also have top of the line sheets as you can see with Fort and
Kevin! ;)

Tomorrow we hit the bike shops and find me a new frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment