Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just Keep Pedaling

In the morning leaving Santa Cruz, I wasn't fully focused. With an arm
full of water bottles and my biking shoes on I slipped and fell down
the stairs.

Two bruised elbows are the reminder to always keep one hand on the
railing!

We rode through some farms between SC and Monterey. It would have been
more exciting but I was longing for some kind of tree to protect me
from the sun.

The ocean is just in sight for part of the ride as we headed a bit
inland. I missed the cool breze we left in Santa Cruz.

One thing that struck me about Santa Cruz was how poignant the salty
sea air was along the bike path in the morning. Scott pointed out a
home in Santa Cruz he frequents with his family.

Another Jensen sign at our stop crossing.

I took some pictures of Moss Landing. Those are for you Mr. Waller!
The seals were too lazy to greet us.

Ark helped put things in perspective for me. He said there are two
types of fun. Type 1 is the fun you have in the moment. Type 2 is the
fun you have only after you look back on it.

Up until the dehydration this trip has been type 1 fun.

All the way to Big Sur I was thinking like Dori from Little Nemo:
"Just keep Pedaling."

No comments:

Post a Comment